Sunday, January 31, 2010

Spring 2010 Couture: Chanel

Favorites, and some who didn't make the cut, with commentary. From the Spring 2010 Paris couture shows. All photos from Style.com.





These were the words running through my head when I viewed the most recent Chanel collection. They're partly based on some sound bites Mr. Lagerfeld gave before the show: Karl. Silver. No gold. Lagerfeld. Pastel. Confections. Communion. Space Age. Now. Future. Old lady. Infantile. Mixed. Contradiction.
Karl Lagerfeld mixed in all the things I loved and hated about the couture shows. Something fresh and modern (tweed suits with shorts?) with old lady (again, like at Christian Dior, I thought I spied some Esmeralda hair from 101 Dalamations). Exquisite details rife in couture were abound, and I was impressed with the creativity and technique. But still, I felt like only a few of the pieces stoked my desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment