Monday, February 1, 2010

2010 Grammies

I honestly was not impressed with what I saw at the Grammies. I didn't see more than a handful of musicians who seemed to give much thought about what they were wearing. Most just looked presentable. Many either looked stiff or like they were in a stage costume. Nonetheless, I tried to highlight the best, with a little bit of commentary for each. All photos from grammy.com .

Taylor Swift always looks amazing, and dresses with a maturity way past her years. I love how sinous this dress is, it looks like a second skin. It's a great look for a lithe figure and small bust. It is also a very unusual shade of blue that is also so flattering on her skin-tone. She knows what looks good on her and dresses with grace, tastefulness, and class. She makes me proud to be an American.

Let me just begin by saying I know we all love Ri-Ri. Umbrella, great song. And she has a great fashion sense. I love how she takes risks. I give her credit for all of those things. However, that being said, I can't get past the feeling that she over-does it sometimes. Although I like this dress, I love white in the winter, I do feel as if it is a tad overwhelming on her. I just wish that she would take the scale down one notch so I could see her (she's beautiful!) as well as her dress.

Ledisi. I don't even know who this person is. Whatever her music sounds like, I can clearly see her look is perfect. I love when people do short to award ceremonies. It always comes across as slightly rebellious to me. The fit is perfect on her, it's a fun dress, I love the movement of the fabric, and I love how it shows of her shoulders and legs. I also think she accessorized it perfectly.

I love me a big girl sometimes. Seriously though, I've nothing but respect for any woman with this body type. I've been working with clothes for a long time, and big-busted gals have the hardest figure to dress. Anything that fits their boobs is too big everwhere else, if it shows to much cleavage its distracting, and it's really easy to look unbalanced or grossly overweight fast. So taking that into consideration, you can see how stunning Lalah Hathaway looks. This dress is elegant and fits her like a glove. The color makes her positively glow. Great work Lalah!

Oh Fergie. For a girl who peed her pants on stage, you sure know how to dress. Fergie has a great figure and really knows how to show it of. She's doing short and sexy, and as you know by now, I love stuff short and sweet. Great power color. I love how the strong silver line turns into a strap, and follows her body contours with out being vulgar. I also love how this dress has a sort of superhero-esque quality. What working woman today doesn't want to feel like a superhero sometimes?


No comments:

Post a Comment