Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pantone Color Swatch of The Year

Swatch depicting Pantone's color for 2010. Go to their website here to read more.

At first I thought they were crazy. I mean, turquoise!? With all the new colors I've been excited about right now like fleshy peach, lemon zest, and jade, how could they choose turquoise!? It felt like a violation. But still, maybe they have a point. Turquoise does remind you of the serene waters at your favorite island get-away. You know, the one you can't get to this year because it costs too much damn money? Yeah, that one. It also is a great way to segue from the greens and other warm colors so popular of late. Even so, given my choice, I'd vote for a different color. Maybe reddish purple. This color, seeing tromping all over runways this season is also a great way to segue from warm to cool. And as for its soothing qualities? Er, I'll have get back to you about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment