Tuesday, February 23, 2010

An Ode To Ice Dancing At Vancouver Olympics



I have been so excited about seeing how much fashion plays in the figure skating in the Vancouver Winter Olympics. This was a favorite performance of mine. Here Sinead and John Kerr skate to Linkin Park's 'Krwing'. The are acting a story where the man has fallen and the woman is his saviour. I found this performance very moving. I also love how contemporary the artistic choices they made were. Sinead looked like a stunning swan in her white dress, and John made an risky choice with denim. He showed that there's really nothing you can't do in a good pair of jeans. Here's a link if you want to check it out on YouTube. I highly recommend it.

And, I would love to celebrate more good fashion in the world of ice (there's a reason why I love it!) I love how all of these athletes have used fashion to enhance their performance in their sport.:

Evan Lysacek in Vera Wang...que sexy!

Johnny Weir in Rodarte, photo New York Times magazine. Just stunning.




No comments:

Post a Comment