Monday, March 29, 2010

Patti, How I Love Thee, Let Me Count The Ways....

My personal hero Patti Smith in Christian Dior ball gown, where she was quoted as saying she loved the architecture in a great gown.

Aw, man. You never believed what I missed. It was this great article in NyTimes Style section a week ago. Something relevant like that I try to post immediately, but I didn't have time last week to read all the way to the Style section. The article focuses Patti Smith's adept eye for fashion, something I've always wanted to talk about on this here blog, but never had the chance. I saw her speak not to long ago about her recent documentary at Film Forum. I was, like, all of three rows from her and was practically hyper-ventilating. My sister, embarrassed, kept exhorting me to calm down, but I couldn't. It was Patti! She's sooo cool! Just three rows away! Seriously. That's less than the six points of separation that anyone else is. Best music, and best fashion sense, ever. How is it that a being can be possessed with so much of both?

More Fashionable Patti:

From Archive of Ephermera. Caption on bottom says "publicity photograph for Patti Smith."

Iconic. Found on the blog DK presents.

This picture of Patti from contactmusic.com. I love how she's wearing the blazer and stripes, two very current trends, and makes it Patti again with her necklace and hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment