Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Print Happy


Kudos to Dolce and Gabbana for showing us that roses get mixed up sometimes too. Thanks Style.com for photo, Dolce and Gabbana Spring 2010.


Coming Up Roses
My art history teacher says that every decade has it's flower, and when you think about it, it's true. Art Nouveau has its iris, the 60's the daisy, and the 80's had the lily. Well, I hearby de-clare 2010 the decade of the rose. The roses were popping up all over the runway this season, from Dolce and Gabbana to Oscar De La Renta. I consider an them an ode to the classics. No-thing gets more basic than an old-fashioned rose. Because a rose is a rose is a rose.


Givenchy's girls are of a different stripe. Thanks Style.com for photos, Givenchy Spring 2010


Walk The Line
Almost as classic as a rose print was the black and white stripes seen all through out fashion week. It was shown in a sort-of minimalist, I'm-too-cool-to-wear-anything-but-black-and-white-but--oh wait--here I am mixing it up with stripes aren't I fun?-sorta way. I say throw caution to the wind and where them with your rose print stuff. Hey, you only live once.



No comments:

Post a Comment